Monday, March 6, 2017

6 March 2017 WEEK 37

     "When the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea his shafts in the whirlwind, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you," just know that there is always something good on the horizon. This is the exact same thing that I got to experience this last week! I am so grateful for the atonement and sacrifice of our lord and our savior Jesus Christ. He was able to provide me with strength this week when I wanted to give up.    
      Other than the opposition, it was a pretty normal week. We had the opportunity to give service this week at a members house. We packed up and went to Kitsentown to help Sister Edwards. We got the privilege to rake her whole yard which is the biggest yard I have ever seen. Upon finishing when I can around the front it didn't look like we had even raked. The leaves had just fallen again to the ground. But then I got to pondering about the vision of this mission. When we go through and pick up all the leaves that have fallen to the ground, when we gather the elect and baptize them, there will always be plenty more to find. We need to rely on the lord, because the "Elect hear my voice and harden not there hearts."- D&C 29:7
      I am very impressed with our laborer's that have been placed in the Spanish town, Linstead, and Old Harbour vineyard! At district meetings this past week the district leaders presented us with revelation from God! Everything that they taught was like a call to repentance. They were able to inspire the missionaries of their district and it lit a fire under them to work even harder. Of one such experience, at the Spanish Town District meeting, We talked about goal setting with them. Using the acronym SMART. After we had finished teaching our segment Elder Hatch conducted an awesome meeting. We set and inspired goal from God that we could see 6 more baptisms before the end of the transfer. The end of the transfer is March 18! Everyone was on board and I have never seen a group of missionaries get so pumped. We left them with a quote to think about! "An inspired Goal from the Lord, is a promise!" 
      I got to think about that and it is so right. But it will only work if we put into action our faith. Because Faith with out works is dead! When we had Elder Gammiet have a training with us he talked about asking questions and using the scriptures more in our lessons. I worked so hard on that this week and the most spiritual lessons I have had came because of this. I am so grateful for the scriptures. For they truly testify of God and Jesus Christ. I testify that Christ is our Redeemer. And that God lives. I know that my savior loves me. My heart I give to him. These past couple weeks leading up to interviews, I feel as if I have been caring a big fat back pack with a load of stress inside. It was weighing me down and beating me up. After my interview and much prayer, I felt that back pack was taken off of me. I feel like a new man! 
     A very big lesson that I learned this week is a quote from the Prophet Alma found in Alma 37:6. "By small and simple things, are great things brought to pass." There is a really cool prayer that sports teams will repeat before they go into a game and it goes like this... " Dear lord the battles we go through life, we ask for a chance that is fair, a chance to equal our stride, a chance to do or dare. If we should win let it be by the code, faith and honor held high, if we should lose, we'll stand by the road, cheer as the winners go by. Day by day, we get better and better, till we can't be beat, won't be beat! We all go through battles in this life. It is up to us when we get knocked down to get back up and keep fighting!


-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment