Monday, February 27, 2017

27 February 2017 WEEK 36

    So if I had to put into terms how this week went, I would say cluttered. There was a lot that happened in a short period of time. I first want to start off by talking about Zone Conference. I very much enjoyed everything that was discussed. Whether it was obedience, goal setting, using the scriptures more when teaching, and even getting investigators to church. I received a lot of revelation, and was able to apply it this last week, and will continue to do so. I have been able to use the scriptures a lot more in our lessons, and I can definitely say that I have seen a huge difference with our investigators. 
    This past weekend, Elder Stevens and I had a baptism. We baptized an older gentleman named Bro. Lawrence. He was previously a Jehovas Witness. But at the baptism he started to cry and I could feel the spirit so strong. I love being able to see how the gospel can change people lives, as they exercise their faith and trust God, and Jesus Christ Atonement. 
    As for Tamara and Kadian, this week was really rough with them. They stopped reading from the Book of Mormon and the devil began to work hard on them. They were all prepared to be baptized and come to church on Sunday, and they did not even show up. So we went and had a drop lesson with them and they know what they need to do. I expressed to them that all of this was true and they know it, but we can only do so much. 
    On the brighter side of things, while we were tracting this week, we met a man named Peter. This happened on Friday, We had a good lesson with him and we followed the promptings of the spirit and told him that he can no longer smoke and drink. We taught him the word of wisdom at the end of the first lesson, and he understood it perfectly. He said that he was not going to do it anymore, and that he would read the Book of Mormon and come to church every week. And he did just that he showed up to church and he loved it. I am excited to see how he continues to progress. 
    A goal that I have set for this transfer is to improve on my maturity level. I am a young man who loves to have fun and goof around, but you can only have so much of that. I have been able to see myself changing for the good, and I have definitely been able to see the blessings that come from it. One of them that I have been able to see is myself being more patient. I am able to endure Long-suffering. But I have still been stressed out from last week with everything that has been going on. And just today our car continued to have even more problems. I will get to tell you a little more in our interview, but sometimes I can only endure so much I feel like. (Not sure what interview he's talking about?)
    Also I have not been sleeping good. In 8 months I don't remember one night where I have been able to sleep through the night. I constantly wake up and it is hard to go back to sleep. What do you suggest I do? I have gotten down on my knees and pleaded with Heavenly Father to help me with this but It is not working... 
    Other than that we also had the chance to give service to a Member. We spent a couple hours helping fill deep holes that we helped dig, with lots of red dirt. I know that as we work with the members we will be able to gain their trust and get to teach their friends or family. I am stoked to see how the member work continues to grow in The Spanish Town Zone.

-- 

-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment