Monday, March 13, 2017

13 March 2017 Week 38

    I was watching a Mormon message this week called LIFT. And in one scene of this it showed a pair of scriptures that had the verse Matthew 16:25 marked. So I turned to this passage of scripture and studied it all week. This is what it says, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it." A verse of scripture has never hit me so hard being out here. I have often reflected upon the words of the Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley- "Forget yourself, and go to work." I have truly recognized my importance of being a missionary this week. It has been a very humbling experience.
    This last week we had the opportunity of having three baptisms in the Spanish town area. Elder Hatch(my son) and Elder Harrah(my grandson) had one on Saturday for a young girl named Brandie. She is Neiko girlfriend and I am so proud of the decision that she has made. She has so much member support I couldn't even count how many people were at her baptism. Elder Stevens and I had the opportunity to baptize 2 young men. One named Craig and the other Akeem! We had this baptism on Sunday before church, so they will be getting confirmed the following week at church.
    I have truly seen the Lords hand in the work this week. The Spanish town Zone came together and came up with an inspired goal of 6 baptisms before the end of march 18th. As now I have learned that and inspired goal is a promise from the lord. So we turned to the scriptures to see what the lord would have us do, Alma 6:6- "Nevertheless the Children of God were commanded that they should gather themselves together oft, and join in fasting and mighty prayer in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who knew not God." This is exactly what we did. We conducted a district wide fast and continuously lifted our heads up to God to soften the hearts of our investigators and that they might receive revelation as they go to God in prayer. The lord has blessed us with a miracle. I know we are going to reach this goal for we only need 2 more!!!!
    We were able to go up to a members home in our ward and give service this week. Instead of working on his yard we went and helped build a fence for his neighbor. I was pondering on how our Savior Jesus Christ felt after serving others. Because after this experience I had such a profound love for being in the service of others. "When we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God."- Mosiah 2:17. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father for trusting me to serve in the Vineyard of Jamaica. For whatever happens the lord is in it, and I can bear my witness that this is the lords work and can not be frustrated. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son! And his name is Jesus Christ. For I know he lives and the Atonement is real! I give my heart to this gospel and shall not doubt!


-- 
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment