Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Year With Great Expectations!

The reason I am emailing you today is because when people have holidays down here they celebrate the day after.
I know it is kind of weird. But Happy New Year!!!
I am expecting so many great things this next transfer.
So I actually don't have a lot to report to you this week. But this week I was officially made a Zone Leader.
The missionary life a Zone Leader is so good. I have plenty of responsibilities that has to be done.
We have the opportunity to attend district meetings as well as teaching meetings. 
But this week we were able to drive up to a place on the island that is called Linstead. The drive is so beautiful.
I am grateful for the new companion that I have to serve with. His name is Elder Warren. He is very obedient, 
and is very smart. He has been helping me out a lot these last couple of days.
For the first week I did not have the opportunity to drive because I had not been given priviledge to do so.
But that all changed around today. I drove for my very first time here today in 7 months. It is completely different, 
I feel like I am taking my driving test again... It is hard to drive on the left side of the road in a right sided vehicle.
With practice I will get better and better. 
We have been teaching this investigator named Mary. She is 14 years old and she has read the Book of Mormon and knows
that it is true and needs to be baptized. She is being difficult though. I had the opportunity to give her a blessing this week.
We relayed the information to her that a blessing is when god is talking to you through whoever is giving the blessing.
She said she wanted one so we gave her one. You definitely could tell she was feeling the spirit. She is going to be 
baptized on the 28th of January.
Today I had the first opportunity to be in a teaching situation as a Zone Leader. Elder Warren and I had DLT this morning.
It is when we teach the District leaders in our zone how to be better leaders. It went really well and you could tell that the 
spirit there was very strong. We all learned something new out of it and are going to apply it in this transfer.
I have been in Spanish Town for almost 6 months. And I am going to be here for a while. I may have moved just up the road,
from where I was before, but I am still in the same ward. So I will be in the same ward for almost a whole year! Can you believe
that?? I am so happy for the chance that I have to serve the people of Jamaica. Especially the people here in 
Spanish Town. 

I love you all. Thank you for everything that you do to support me.
I keep you in my prayers.
till next week.. I will serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength.

Elder Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment