Monday, January 30, 2017

30, January 2017 - WEEK 32

     This has been an eventful week. I will first start off by telling that this week we were able to pull off 3 successful trade offs. The first one was with Elder Porter and Elder Eulette. We brought them both into our area and went on a bunch of splits. I got to work with Elder Porter this time. He is a fantastic missionary and he is running his district very well. 
     The second trade off we had was with Elder Moyes and Elder Davis. I went with Elder Moyes up to Linstead and got to work. I have seen major improvement with Elder Moyes. He is constantly improving and wants to do better. So getting to work with him was a blessing, because it showed some things that I need to work on. Then Finally our last trade off was with Elder Ludlow and Elder Harris. I went with Elder Harris into his Area, and Elder Warren brought Elder Ludlow in to ours. The goal of this trade off was to evaluate how Elder Harris is adapting to taking lead in a lesson. He is doing awesome. I am excited to see how he has applied this trade off into his work. But going on these trade off's I have been able to serve in every part of spanish town. It is really cool to now say that I have done that. 
     But we will be going on 2 more this week. The first one is going to be with Elder Lewis, and Elder Elliot. And the second is going to be Elder Gordon, and Elder Whitehead. It has been extremely successful to be able to work closely with all the district leaders, and the trainees. There are so many good things that are happening right now in Spanish Town. We continue to improve and exercise our faith and the lord has been blessing us with miracles. 
Since we are talking about miracles, there is going to be about 6 baptisms this saturday I believe. As we continue to be obedient and be faithful and optimistic, the lord will be with us and send us his spirit to bring others unto baptism. 
     We have 3 progressing investigators this week at church. Tamara and Kadian have been preparing to be baptized on the 11th of February. Then this week we will be baptizing a young girl named Jaida Lee. 
     The world wide missionary broadcast this week was so crazy. I am super hyped about the new schedule that the lord has provided us with. I know that the work here in Jamaica is going to reach its goal of 1820 baptisms. I know the lord did this for a reason and with his help we can work might miracles, and bring thousands of souls unto repentance. 
     I am also very excited this week to be able to have Elder Zivic of the Area Seventy come and speak with us at Missionary Leadership Council. God has inspired the Leaders of the Jamaica Kingston Mission, and because of that I am very grateful for the chance I have to be a representative of Jesus Christ.

-- 
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment