Monday, November 14, 2016

If it would ever happen.....

This week was a crazy busy week let me tell you.. So this week was transfer calls and One of our zone leaders was transferred to the Bahama's. That was Elder Anderson (from Riverton Also). So for the past couple of days Elder Hatch and I have been in the Trio with our Zone leader Elder Greenwade. This means for the past couple of days we have been able to ride around in a truck and teach twice as many lessons. We have been finding so much success and I can't believe the lessons we are having. They have been super spiritual and The investigators have been keeping commitments Like it is nothing. But going along with the success that we have been finding through the investigators, our recent converts have been doing so good with continually coming to church. As well they have been exercising their priesthood and have been passing the sacrament. It is really cool to see how the spirit can influence someones life and change them in the most magnificent ways. And along with church we had an investigator come this week named Alex. He is 19 years old and progressing super well. He even participated in class and gave the most amazing answers. He is suppose to be baptized on Dec 4
But this week we also had zone meeting. And for my birthday another missionary gave me a wooden giraffe. His name is Elder Markwalter. He is super funny and he was in the MTC with me. But It was super nice of him to get me a Jamaican Giraffe. I keep it at my study desk. I really want to get a jamaican lion, or monkey, or turtle, or panda, But they are super cool and it would be a good souveneir. 
But this week there was another funeral held at our church and we were invited to attend. So we did and honestly it was so much drama and weeping and wailing. In the middle people where invited to give a tribute, so Elder Greenwade got up there and told them that God has a plan for them and that after the service we would be by the doors and talk to anyone that was interested in the plan of salvation. Long story short,  no one came up to talk to us at the end which is disappointing.. but oh well..
So I don't know if you remember But we were suppose to move and we still haven't. If it would ever happen....
I don't know what is going on but I still need to learn patience, because it is a virtue.
I am super excited for this week coming up though. We have some really good people that we are going to see as well as some new missionaries are coming in. My training duties are almost over here with Elder Hatch. I can't believe we are already half way through. Time flys when you are having fun and working hard.
I love you all so much!
You continue to be in my prayers. 
I look forward to hearing from you next week!

Love Elder Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment