Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Halloween!

🎃
So this week was hectic.
Elder Hatch and I are trying to find a new place to stay and it looks like we might have found one.
The reason that we are moving is because of mainly 2 things.
1.) Our house is infested with mice and we have killed about 5 of them so far.
2.) There are literally cockroaches all over the place. I even think a couple of them are flying too.?
Yeah so we have been busy taking care of that whole situation.
But we should be moving here in the next couple of weeks into a nice house!
Basically we have been contacting every single day for most of the day. And we have met some pretty interesting people.
One guy we met said that he was and alien. I couldn't help but laugh.
But as we were contacting around, we came across this young man who runs track. 
He runs an 11 flat 100 meter dash. 
He is actually really quick.
But He challenged us to a race and Elder Hatch beat him once and lost to him once.
I beat him once and lost to him once as well.
But he decided after that to give us his number and told us to come by anytime to share your message with me.
So Elder Hatch and I have faith that we are going to baptize him.
But speaking of baptism is we have another one this weekend.
It is for a young man named Cleon.
He is 16 years old and loves to dance like Michael Jackson haha.
But the lord prepares those for you when you are obedient and diligent.
We have gotten to see many miracles happen because of this.

But last P-day, us missionaries got together and played indoor futbol. We play it with a tennis ball and it is so hard but yet so fun.
I get picked first almost every time. 
I would say I am good but it is literally luck when my shots go in.
But after that we went out and played rugby. 
My team destroyed the other team.
They couldn't keep up with our speed and our quickness. 
But I was playing barefoot and there were little ant piles in the grass and my feet got eaten up.

This week we had a couple opportunities to give service.
1.) We went up to a members house on saturday to finish build his house. But we didn't do any building all we did was dig holes for a sceptic tank... It is basically a poop hole.
But we got covered in red mud from our head to our toes.
Then after ward he had me climb a tree to pick some kniesberries.
The tree was so tall. But we all know that I am still a spider monkey.
2.) We helped our land lord clean up his yard and as well as ours.
So I got to chop some yard with a Machete and also mow as well.
We had to trim some bushes as well as cut down a whole entire tree.
The reason we cut down a tree is because our next door neighbor was going crazy and telling our land lord that someone is going to hide in that tree and spy on them.
Some people are just nutz!!

But Elder Hatch and I have been craving Peanut butter and banana and honey sandwiches. We have gotten so much bread and honey and peanut butter that I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat it when I get home.
It has been so good though and gives me a little bit more time to come in and lay down for a few minutes.

Happy Halloween everyone!
I hope everyone has a memorable day.
They don't celebrate Halloween down here so no candy or sweeties for me...

And as well for today Elder Hatch challenged one of the other Elders in our district named Elder Lewis to a rap battle today.
It is going to be so funny to see how it all goes down.
They are going to be spitting straight fire at each other, and roasting one another.
I am so pumped to see whaaguan!

I love you!
Thank you for your support!
Talk to you next week. 

Elder Gibbons 

No comments:

Post a Comment