Tuesday, August 9, 2016

BURNT !!!

This week has been awesome.
But at the same time very slow and disappointing.
It was holiday week here in Jamaica.
Basically every single one of our appointments fell through.
That is the struggle of being a missionary.
We are traveling in the hot sun sweating all day and to top it off we don't teach.
But we are going to make this week so much better.

This week we had the opportunity to travel to Kingston and shop there.
They have this store called price mart and it is basically Costco.
Everything comes in bundles and it is awesome.
We had one of our investigators this week feed us. Finally!!
We had fried fish and rice and peas.
It was pretty good but I am not the biggest fan of fish.
But I have trained myself now to be able to eat large portions of food.
haha I hope I can actually gain some weight.
But that doesn't happen if you don't work out. 
So me and Elder Smith are doing this work out program that is going to get us big.

The reason that I gave this email the name is because that every time I go outside when it is sunny I get burnt no matter what.
haha I have the worst farmers tan in the world.
But today we had the opportunity to go and have a zone P-day.
We got together and had a basketball tournament and soccer tournament.
We won in basketball they won in soccer.
I am getting so much better and soccer. All I need is some boots.
Boots are soccer shoes or cleats.

I am still struggling on understanding the language down here.
People talk so different I can't even understand half the time.
You have to pick out words you do know.
I just need to continue to pray for the gift of tongues.
Some exciting news though is that I might have my first baptism next week.
I am so excited.
All she needed to do was get married and she is this week.

I love you all so much.
If you have any questions just let me know.
I can't wait to hear from you all.
Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment