Monday, May 8, 2017

8 May 2017 WEEK 46

Things are really beginning to pick up!
We are meeting some awesome new people and they are progressing very well. We have an investigator named Patrick on date for the 21st of May. We extended baptism to him the first lesson and felt prompted to extend a date and he had no problem with it.
We have a progressing investigator named ken. We will be putting him on date next week but he is doing amazing. We have to use a translator for him because he does not speak any English. He has such humility and compassion. I tear up almost every time we go see him.
But this week was just really good.
I had a scripture stick out to me this week during my studies, its found in the book Moroni: 48th verse of the 7th chapter. "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen." 
 President Monson promised us great blessings if we read the BOM regularly. He said, "My dear associates in the work of the Lord, I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives.
I know the Book of Mormon is true! I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know... he lives.. I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


--
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.










No comments:

Post a Comment