Monday, May 29, 2017

29 MAY 2017 WEEK 49...

This week was by far one of the greatest weeks on my mission by far. I have never felt the spirit so strong in my mission then I did this week. What made it even better is the fact that we were in Nassau! (A.k.A the Bahamas)

It was an incredible experience to come together as a Bahamas Zone and be uplifted and edified by one another. It was also really good to get to see other missionaries and talk with them!

My key take away from this Zone conference was the power of the spirit. I never realized how sensitive the spirit can be until this week. The exercise that the Assistants to the president had us do was so spiritual. We got rid of all the white noise and were asked to close our eyes. They picked on a couple missionaries to bear testimony on certain subjects. After they were borne the spirit was peaking! Until someone said that I hate you and you don't deserve to be a missionary. Don't worry it was part of the exercise. The mood of the spirit changed instantly and dramatically. I felt it right in my bosom.

Another key take away was on the subject listening. There is 3 main ways of listening.
1.) causal listening- which means trying to multitask. 2.) interactive listening- which means that you acknowledge that you are there. 3.) compassionate listening- which means you look at it from there point of view and put yourself in there shoes.
Number three is the one that I have really began to work on and I have such a different attitude going into lessons. It makes them so much more enjoyable.

As taught in Zone conference we have been invited to use family history more in our missionary work. If you don't understand the importance I suggest you read D&C 128:18. We have began using it as a finding tool and we are still working out the kinks and following the spirit but it really is a way to get a step in the door. I know this is going to change the attitude of missionary work. I have full trust in the spirit of Elijah!

I know that all things retrace or are redirected toward the savior. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know the words given by Elder M. Russel Ballard are true when they say, "It is impossible to fail when you do your best when you are on the lords errand."

To give an update on our investigators and finding. After Zone conference a fire was lit under us that we need to find more. I am excited to, seeing that it was not my favorite thing before. But I know the lord has prepared people waiting for us. Ken is preparing to be baptized this next week! He is just incredible. Lucien is going great he loves the gospel and wants tot continue to learn more. What is even better is that he has began to develop relationships with branch members. We are going to be giving John a break for a couple weeks and move him to the back burner to help him realize what he really needs to do. And that is to be baptized.

#RivertonCrew


-- 
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever








No comments:

Post a Comment