Tuesday, May 23, 2017

22 MAY 2017 Week 48





Can I just say that I have really grown to love everyone this past week. I had many epiphanies this week about how much I really appreciate the influence and blessings of others who have really impacted my life. I owe this gospel everything. When I wake up in the morning I can just imagine myself putting on the armour of god! It really is a blessed feeling knowing that there lives to brighten and souls to save.

We are working with a couple of awesome investigators. We are still working with John to help him recognize how much the lord needs him on his side in this great battle that has been raging on. We have been teaching a man, Lucien, who is preparing to be baptized on the 4th of June. We are also working with a man, Patrick, who is so sweet and humble and has the biggest desire to find the truth. Finally we have been working really close with a man named Ken. He has grown so much and I can't help but love him. God is so pleased with him.

A little bit more on an unrelated note but I having been working a lot more on developing Christ like attributes. This has been a main focus in my studies. This week I was leaning toward more of finding ways I can serve my fellow beings- Mosiah 2:17. So every time that elder shepherd would get in the shower I would quickly iron his white shirt for him. His reaction every time to this was the best. Elder shepherd is great. We have also been looking for ways to serve others while contacting and it had become a great success.

But this week we taught a pastor of a baptist church. He showed us all his credentials. We thought it was about to blow up and turn into an huge argument, but what happened next was amazing. He was so fascinated by what we teach. He wants to learn more. He is originally from Haiti and wants to be taught by missionaries when he goes back next week. So that was something really cool. Please don't forget to be grateful for all things, whether they are good or bad.


--
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.









No comments:

Post a Comment