Monday, April 24, 2017

24 April 2017 WEEK 44

One foot after the other. This week was on the rough side. So the insurance on our car said that expired this week so we had the privilege of getting to walk every where. This went on for about 3 days and we kept track of how many miles we walked and it came out to be 42 miles. By the end of the first day I had big sores on the bottom of my feet. By day 3 the sores popped and my feet hurt super bad, but that didn't stop us from doing the lords work. Turns out that our insurance didn't expire until may, so we could have been driving haha. But better safe then sorry. But we got to talk to so many people. A lot of people called us over and wanted to hear what we had to teach about. I love the Haitian people so much. They love talking about Jesus Christ. I can't understand them most of the time and they can't understand me but I know they can feel the spirit. I love being able to serve the people of the Turks. It has brought such comfort and peace. They are the most kind people I have ever met in my life.
As I was reading and pondering back in 1 Nephi for the umpteenth time, a passage in chapter 17 stood out to me. Verse 50 reads: And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done. 
What a wonderful example of faith, and total trust in the Lord Nephi shows us here. How can each of us apply this scripture in our lives?
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.
























No comments:

Post a Comment