Monday, April 10, 2017

10 April 2017 WEEK 42

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
-Galatians 6:9
What do you think of when you hear this scripture?
as I have been studying the 57 entries in the topical guide, under Jesus Christ, this scripture describes my attitude exactly. I really have come to a knowledge of me being out here. I love being able to go out every day and really serve others. I have come closer to my savior and redeemer Jesus Christ as I have really focused on him. I am grateful for the chance that I have to serve with Elder Shepherd. We have truly been blessed being here. So many spiritual experiences occur, I know they are the tender mercies of the lord. The language is coming a long good. My love for the people here continues to grow everyday. Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Shout out from President Pearson!
"I write to you this evening from Turks and Caicos. I can report that all is well here. Our Elders here are dedicated, working very hard, are being creative, and in spite of the unique challenges of being a missionary here, are as happy as can be, with not a hint of discouragement. I am most proud of them."


Here's my thought for the week. When we contact, especially in areas near our apartments or the chapel, we may feel that we have talked to everyone in a neighborhood or area. I have even heard stories of a missionary new to an area, that begins a contact, only to be pulled back by his companion, saying, “Don't talk to him. We have talked to him already, and he said no.”
I promise you that you have never talked to every single person in an area. As such, when you exercise faith and follow promptings in your finding, you will be able to find that golden needle in the haystack. 
Let it also be known that I approve of and encourage you to contact the same person multiple times. Don't ever give up on someone. Follow the promptings of the Spirit, always, every day.
-- 
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment