Friday, July 8, 2016

4 More Days!


July 8, 2016

    So This week was a pretty good week!  It went by a lot faster then normal which is good.  Really I only have one thing to report on this week.  So you know my companion Elder Shafer?  We were playing basketball on Saturday and he came down on his foot and twisted it.  He thought he was fine until later that day he could not walk on it.   So we went to the doctor and it was super swollen and he couldn't diagnose what was going on so he sent us down to the insta-care by Utah Valley Hospital.  We were there for about 3 hours. We took X-rays.  His foot was super swollen so they couldn't tell what was wrong.
    So we made and appointment to meet with them yesterday! 
We went in again and it turns out that he broke his foot. 
Well fractured! it was a little crack.  So they dilemma is that he will not be able to leave with the rest of us to Jamaica on Tuesday. 
This made me super upset and my companion, but I keep telling him that god has a plan for us and this is all part of it. 
So wherever he ends up serving for the first transfer is where he is needed.
    But I had the opportunity to give 3 more blessings this week. I can say that I am getting a little better but they have helped strengthen not only me but those who I blessed.  I gave a blessing to my companion and he is now able to walk and exercise on his foot. And the swelling and bruising is gone.
    Thank you all for sending me the goods.  I can tell you that I have gained only 7 pounds since I have been here.  A lot of it is from the 42 donuts that I received.   But they feed us so well here and I love it. 
I leave in 4 days can you believe it!!!???
    We have our flight times and we have to be at the airport at 3 am. From Salt lake we will fly to Atlanta Georgia where we have a 4 hour lay over. So I hope that I will be able to call you guys when I land there. Then We head for Jamaica!   I Can not tell you how excited I am to be able to leave.  I am going to miss my district so much! They have been a huge influence on me and we have been able to become one voice. I love it!
    I love missionary work and all the experiences I will be able to have While serving the people of Jamaica!

I LOVE YOU ALL<3 Thank you for all your love and support

​PS Follow up to this email, Stone got called to the front desk during our exchange this morning and they have been delayed a week due to Visa's.  So he will be in the MTC possibly 1 to 1-1/2 weeks longer​.  but he feels this is an answer to prayers, they were hoping that Elder Shafer would be able to leave with them and they are now thinking with this Visa delay he will be able to go with them.  

Thanks for all of your love, support & packages on behalf of Gibby! 

Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment