Wednesday, July 5, 2017

3 July 2017 WEEK 54

As a Mission we have been studying the Book of Mormon everyday and this is the food for thought I wanted to leave with you today! 

2 Nephi 9

The grand finale of chapter 9 for me is verses 50-51:

Come, my brethren, everyone that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; 
and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; 
yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth,
Nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy.
Hearken diligently unto me,
and remember the words which I have spoken;
and come unto the holy one of Israel,
and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted,
and let your soul delight in fatness. 

It is obvious that Jacob is very familiar with the words of Isaiah (chapter 55:1-2), but he tweaks Isaiah’s words, and in my opinion, they are even better. Jacob counsels us to not just eat, but to feast on the “living water”. I pray that every missionary, member, and investigator can follow the inspired counsel of Isaiah and Jacob. What a feast this chapter was!



-- 
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.










No comments:

Post a Comment