Monday, January 8, 2018

8 January 2018 WEEK 81

Stone did not send a letter last week on New Years on Week 80 - He did a google hangouts conversation with us but no formal letter.  Tons of pictures to make up of it!

Choose to be happy!

“ . . .for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” Philippians 4:11

Things are moving a long here in Sav. Something I really have focused on these last couple of months is to be happy! We may not be seeing the success that we want to, but we have worked hard everyday and been extremely happy while doing it. I really love being here in this moment of time. I would not want to be anywhere else. I love the people of Jamaica! 

This past week I got a visit from some members and friends, but most importantly family, from back in Spanish Town. Momma Eddy, Tina Edwards and Shalawah Barnes. We went out to Burger King and got to catch up with each other. It was so good to see them after a long time. Memories like this will be something that I cherish for a lifetime. 

A lot of members have been starting to come back to church, and that is something that we have been focusing on. The retention level here is really low, but the membership of those who are active is so strong. We have been taking many people teaching and that has seemed to spark some interest in a friendship. 

Have a blessed week! 
Love Elder Gibbons

-- 
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.






















No comments:

Post a Comment