Tuesday, October 17, 2017

17 October 2017 WEEK 69

Of the many challenges we as missionaries face, one of the most common is getting that 2nd teaching opportunity. To improve the percentage of 2nd lessons, we strive to “teach to our investigator’s needs”. When I hear “teach to their needs”, I quite naturally wonder what are their needs? I have been pondering this for a few weeks. Since true gospel principles apply to all; investigators, less actives, part member families, leaders, and missionaries, the answer to “what are their needs” applies to all of us. 
So, here are three things that every investigator needs. Number one, they need hope for a better tomorrow. A hope and vision of a better tomorrow helps them put the trials of today into proper perspective. Two, they need peace in their heart, even though they live in a troubled and turbulent world. And three, they need to feel their Savior’s love. 
When we sit down to discuss the Restoration (or any other topic) with an investigator, we should be pondering, “how is this discussion on the Restoration going to give our investigator hope, peace and love?” We will be counseling together on this during our upcoming round of zone conferences. 

We had transfer calls this past week, and drum roll please......... I will be staying in Mandeville with Elder Evans for 6 more weeks. I will continue to finish training him. I am very excited. Elder Evans and I get a long very well, and I have been able to see the changes he has been able to make as he continues to grow to be an amazing missionary. 

Also this last week we had the opportunity to give so many service opportunities. I love being able to help people and see their reactions when we accomplish just a bit more then they could alone. For example some of the service that we did this week: We mixed and casted concrete to build a house, We helped prune some trees at a church sisters house, by pruning I mean tying a rope around a tree and pulling as hard as we can while he cuts so it can not fall on any crops or the house haha. Also we went down to a place called alligator pond that is full of crocodiles and help build a cottage for a member in our branch. By doing this I was able to see a 13 foot crocodile, and also we chopped a whole bunch of macca bushes, which is in comparison with rose bushes that hurt a whole lot more. I do have some battle wounds. But Elder Evans was able to teach me how to rope cattle and it was so fun he said I would be good at it because I play baseball and have pretty good form.

But this is all for this week, we are still working close with some of our investigators, but I am very happy and will remain. I love this work, and I love being a missionary.


-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.














No comments:

Post a Comment