Monday, August 14, 2017

14 August 2017 WEEK 60

How have you lost yourself in the Lord's work? I share my answer with all of you. As full time missionaries, I think there will be many opportunities for us to apply the principles contained therein. We will always say yes to the Lord. We will do whatever we are asked to do, without a moment's hesitation. We do not need to think about it, or consider the practical implications of accepting the call. If we are asked, we will say yes. His will is more important than our own will or desires. Way more important. I hope this answers your question. We love serving. We love our Heavenly Father. We love his Son. We are happy!

I wanted to give you an update about how our area is doing! So this week, I had the opportunity to say goodbye to Elder Houston, and send him, off his way to Grand Cayman. But little wonder, I was suppose to be receiving Elder Burin, who is originally from Haiti. We got a call from the Assistants to the President, that he will not be coming and I will be receiving Elder Johansen. So we have been going crazy bouncing off every wall trying to figure out the whole visa situation with Elder Burin. But Immigration has been cracking down over here in Turks, and starting today they are going to be going around and deporting anybody who is Illegal on the Island. Good for me I am not illegal. Other than that, I am super excited to get to serve with Elder Johansen. He only has a couple weeks left on his mission, but he is an amazing hard working missionary.

Things have been difficult here in the Turks. It just seems to be that we can not get anybody to understand the teaching that we are putting forth. I feel like at the end of the day we can not put the message anymore simple to fit their needs. But we still love them it just takes a lot of patience. 

We had a great zone conference that was held via skype this last weekend. We had our mission tour with Elder Alanzo. We have been really focusing on not only becoming like Jesus Christ, But to strive to be Jesus Christ. I have began to understand in more depth the ministry of Jesus Christ, and overall who he is and was. I can say with a surety that I love the people in the Turks and Caicos so much, despite all the challenges, and hardships. I just want them to know how important this message is! Pray for us that we may find success and bring them in! 

-- 
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.









No comments:

Post a Comment