Tuesday, June 19, 2018

11 June 2018 WEEK 103

Hey, 

Just wanted to let you know how this last week has been. It's been pretty hot these past few days; I have been praying for some rain. Apparently by the time I head out we should be experiencing some pretty wild weather. I have some pretty impressive looking calves because of all of these insane hills in Ochi. This past week our electricity has been in and out. We found an old Kerosene Lamp and filled it with rubbing alcohol and Olive oil. It worked haha. 

It's crazy to think how little time left I have - It really feels no different then any other transfer of my mission. Thankfully, I have plenty of people to teach to keep me busy; it's only when my companion or one of the elders I live with makes a comment about how little time I have left that I even think about it. 

I just wanted to Take this time to thank everybody for keeping in touch with me up to this point. It means a lot to know how much you all think of me; almost every week I can count on your messages and emails. I can promise you that none of your letter writing was in vain for each letter had the unique ability to bring a smile to my face and get me through some otherwise difficult times. 

Because Our Mission President is in the hospital due to an infected heart valve, his wife sent us this weeks email. I just wanted to share a little bit of that:

We appreciate the prayers that you have offered for us. President Pearson is in the hospital and improving a bit each day. They drew 3 blood samples on Friday night shortly after he was admitted. Bacteria are growing on 2 of those 3 samples, which is good. By this afternoon, the doctor hopes to know which types of bacteria are causing the problem. This is a good thing, because knowing who the enemy is IS a good thing, it helps them to come up with the best strategy. Once they know who the bad guys are, they will be able to customize his treatment using the antibiotics to which they are most susceptible. He does look better and feels a bit better as well. Again, thanks so much for your prayers, and please “keep ‘em coming”! 

As I was studying the Book of Mormon this past week, I read these words --- 2 Nephi 2:2 Nevertheless, Jacob, my firstborn in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain.

3 Wherefore, thy soul shall be blessed, and thou shalt dwell safely with thy brother, Nephi; and thy days shall be spent in the service of thy God. Wherefore, I know that thou art redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer; for thou hast beheld that in the fulness of time he cometh to bring salvation unto men. 

However, these are the words I “heard” in my “minds’ ear” --- 2 Nephi 2:2 Nevertheless, Elder _____ or Sister _____, my wonderful missionary in the JKM, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain.

3 Wherefore, thy soul shall be blessed, and thou shalt dwell safely with thy companion, Elder _____ or Sister _____; and thy days shall be spent in the service of thy God. Wherefore, I know that thou art redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer; for thou hast beheld that in the fulness of time he cometh to bring salvation unto men. 

I love the counsel to liken the scriptures unto ourselves. Do that for yourselves, and reap a wonderful harvest of personal revelation.
-- 
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment