Monday, December 11, 2017

11 December 2017 WEEK 77

 In chapter 1 of PMG, President Ezra Taft Benson is quoted: “Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family.” I love this statement; it is just so . . . basic. We don’t need think-tanks. We don’t need editorials. We don’t need focus groups. We don’t need the insightful opinions of our Hollywood and sports celebrities. All we need is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Referencing D&C 58: 26-29, just doing what we were commanded, such as attending our Sunday meetings, reading the scriptures, regular prayer, fulfilling our callings, doing our visiting and home teaching; these things if done will give us a “C” grade. These things are the basics. But I don’t think we will get into the Celestial Kingdom with a “C”. It is going to take an A+ to get into the Celestial kingdom. That means “extra credit”! We need to do more than what we are commanded. We’ve got to think up good things to do on our own. 
So, for a full time missionary, what is going to get us a “C”? If you want a C, just do what you are commanded. Get up at 6 or 6:30, kneeling united prayer, personal study, companion study, out the door on time. You know the drill. 
Now, what must you do to get that A+? I can’t tell you. That is in the nature of “extra credit”. It needs to come from your own free will, not mine. So, what is your own free will going to lead you to do? I will give you a hint, though. I think your “extra credit” is inspired by love. 

​So some unexpected news for you all, Elder Evans and I will no longer be with each other for this Christmas season which is a huge bummer. We are both being Emergency transferred due to missionaries going home (reasons unknown). Sorry family I was so excited for you to meet him. But Elder Evans will be going to the Cayman Islands, and I will  be heading to Savannah La Mar to train a new missionary. In all honestly I am super sad to leave Elder Evans. Me and him have become close brothers and work really well together. I guess the lord needs us else where then here in mandeville at this time. I am super excited though as I will be training a missionary from Tonga. His name is Elder Fua. I will be heading out on the 19th of December!

-- 
-Elder Gibbons-

Keep Trying. Keep Pushing. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is Cheering You on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment